Updated November 17th, 2021:
Effective November 20 at 12:01 am: All persons in Montgomery County over the age of two must wear a face covering in any location accessible to the public.
At any point in the future, the above policy may change as per Montgomery County policy before we are able to send out updated information. In this instance, we ask for your patience and polite adherence to the latest guidelines. You may also view the latest face covering mandates for Montgomery County here.
We are so excited to have you back for in-person sessions at balance studio!
The virtual realm has been a blessing in so many ways, and we definitely plan to keep our virtual doors OPEN, but after lockdown, it is lovely to have our equipment and studio space back in action. We take your health and well-being very seriously and designed our safety protocols to reflect that and to keep our staff and client community as safe as possible. By booking an in-person studio session, you are agreeing to strictly adhere to our protocols at all times.
What’s New in the Studio?
The studio is divided into five specific workout zones. Each zone has specific equipment available within (not all equipment types are available in each zone.) If you have specific equipment needs for your session, please do make sure your instructor is aware of this so we can take that into account when scheduling.
Our front desk will continue to be staffed mostly virtually and the studio will be closed during times when no appointments are scheduled. We will do as much as possible in a contactless manner, including scheduling, payments, and sign-ins.
Know Before You Go
Prior to Your session, Perform a Self-Screening Assessment.
STAY HOME and cancel your appointment if any of the following apply:
- Fever over 100 degrees Fahrenheit or feeling feverish
- Cough or sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Fatigue, muscle/body aches, or headache
- Nausea, diarrhea or vomiting
- Congestion or runny nose
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- Close contact with a person who is confirmed to have COVID-19
If you’ve experienced any of the above symptoms, wait at least 3 days (72 hours) from the point of recovery AND at least 10 days from the onset of symptoms before returning to the studio.
If you’re staying home and feeling up to it, we can always do a virtual session instead.
We have removed our waiting areas in the studio and will ask you to:
- Come dressed ready to work out. The front bathroom has been reserved for hand washing and staff use only.
- Wait outside the studio, in your car or on a bench, until it is your appointment time.
- Put your mask on before you enter the studio. (If you do not have a mask we will provide you with a disposable one for a $2 charge.) You will be required to wear a mask the entire time you are in the studio unless you are fully vaccinated and have shown us your vaccination card for documentation.
- Remove your shoes and leave them on the rack in the foyer. Put on socks; the type with grippy soles are best. No bare feet at this time.
For Your Session:
- Single-use cups are available at our water cooler, but you are encouraged to bring your own previously filled water bottle.
- Although our lockers are available for your use, please bring as few personal belongings as possible into the studio.
- Please wash your hands or sanitize them with Purell before beginning your workout. There is hand sanitizer in each workout zone.
- The front restroom is designated for hand washing and staff use only.
- You will generally remain in the same workout zone for the duration of your session.
- To limit the number of people in the studio at the same time, please enter and exit your session promptly and only at the appropriate time.
During the Session:
- We will give you a great workout using verbal cues and instruction, and will only offer hands-on support if both instructor and client have agreed to it beforehand or if safety is an immediate issue.
- If you are wearing a mask, we will rely on you to let us know if you are feeling lightheaded or dizzy at any time during the session.
After the Session:
- Session times have been reduced to 50 minutes to allow you to thoroughly clean all equipment used during the session (your teacher may help with this if multiple pieces are used.) Follow the instructions on the posted signs.
- Put your cleaning cloth into the hamper.
- Sanitize your hands again, just because it’s a good habit!
Please Know That:
- We will be doing our own self-screening and will stay home if we have any signs of illness.
- We will be washing our hands before and after each session.
- We will be evaluating our protocols on a regular basis and will notify you of changes.
- We welcome your feedback, questions and concerns.
- We greatly appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate this landscape.
- We are so happy to see you back!